The Case Study exam is essentially a virtual business role play. Therefore, students need to understand their role within the case study exam in order to produce a good answer, demonstrating knowledge and applying skills from across the syllabus.
The CIMA Professional Qualification comprises three pillars of domain knowledge divided into three levels of achievement. The pillars are enterprise (E), performance (P) and financial (F). The levels are operational, management and strategic. Three case study exams will be used for each level of the CIMA syllabus to integrate knowledge across the three pillars. Students are required to complete the three objective tests at each level, prior to attempting that level’s integrated case study. The integrated case study exams combine the knowledge and learning across the three pillars and are set within a simulated business context relating to one or more fictionalised organisations – based on a real business or industry. The syllabus and related assessment will ensure that CIMA qualified finance professionals are competent in their accounting, finance and other skills, and confident in using them to add value to the many organisations in which they work.
The objective of the workshops is to prepare students for the CIMA Management Case Study Examination.
Upon completion of the workshop and passing the Management Case Study Examination, students will have the integrated skills and knowledge to:
- Develop a holistic approach to managing organisations from external and internal perspectives.
- Implement organisational strategy through people, projects, processes and relationships.
- Analyse, plan and manage costs to support the implementation of the organisation’s strategy.
- Manage and control the performance of business units within the organisation in line with short-term budgets and long-term strategy.
- Make investment decisions, taking into account the risks related with such decisions.
Source long-term finance.
- Produce and analyse complex aspects of group accounting.
- Use analysis of financial statements to provide insights about the performance of the business over time
|Study Mode: Part-Time||Duration: 5 days|
|Delivery Mode: Face-to-Face, Lecture-style with Case study discussions||Teacher Student Ratio: Approx. 1:20|
|Awarding Body: The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)|