We can give students general advice about applying for a visa, but for more detailed information speak to your travel agency, or contact the British Embassy in your country. Always make sure that if you need entry clearance you make your application well in advance.

The UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) website is very useful for prospective students.


Information for European students

If you are a student from the European Union you may travel, study and work in the UK. You do not need to apply for a visa.


Information for non-European students

Note: All information is subject to change so please check details carefully before planning your trip.
Malvern House is on the UKBA’s Register of Sponsors (A-rated) and can provide documents for students to apply for the following types of visa:

  • Student Visitor Visa
  • Extended Student Visitor Visa
  • General Student Visa

We also accept students holding different types of visa. Visit or contact us if you have any doubts. Please note that we may not accept students holding a tourist visa.

Student Visitor Visa (SVV)
The Student Visitor Visa is ideal for students who wish to come for a short duration (less than six months) and who do not wish to work in the UK. Click here for more information

Extended Student Visitor Visa (ESVV)
The Extended Student Visitor Visa is for students who wish to study an English language course of 6 months to 11 months. This type of visa is a good alternative for those who wish to study for over 6 months and who do not have the required level of English to apply for a General Student Visa. Click here for more information

General Student Visa (GSV), under the Tier 4 of the point-based system
This type of visa is ideal for students who wish to study a long course in the UK and be allowed to extend their stay in the UK and work part-time (up to 10 hours per week) during their studies. Click here for more information

Students under 18

  • The minimum age Malvern House accepts students is 16, or 12 for accompanied groups only.
  • If you are 16 or 17 years old and want to study at Malvern House, you must apply as an adult student.
  • You will need to supply a letter from your parents with your application. This letter must confirm that your parents (or legal guardians) are happy for you to live and to travel independently.

Click here for Important Questions the British Government will want to know.